Current Project:Due to success with our project we are delighted to inform that we secured further funding for aditional English My Way pre entry ESOL classes for 2018-2019. Big Thank you to our staff and learners.
ESOL Courses – English My Way
We offer free ESOL courses available for women with limited or no skills in English language.
If you are:
19 years old or over
Unemployed or underemployed
Have an English level below entry 1
Want to learn English in a new innovative way!
Call us today!!!
English My Way is a fresh approach to learning ESOL (English as a Second Language).
This course costs £40 monthly for everyone not eligible for free course.
About English My Way
English My Way is a project organised by Good Things Foundation, BBC Learning English, and The British Council, and is funded by the Department for Communities and Local Government’s English language competition.
Careers advice and guidance for Eastern European Migrants
Feb 2016 – Feb 2017Project funded by Big Lottery Fund (Awards for All) and Coventry City Council (2015-2016) Project: Careers advice and guidance for 20 – 30 unemployed migrants from Eastern Europe to build their confidence, skills and employability and move them into employment, education or training.
Outcome:The project was successful, completed a few months earlier and reached more people that we predicted. Up to August 2016 we helped 115 who visited our centre or were referred by other organisations.
- 85 – was unemployed, and:
- 49 – age 18-30
- 22 – in difficult situation such as disability, housing problems, depression, addiction
- 77 – found employment, education or training (in some cases more than 1 outcome per person)
- 57 – moved into employment
- 41 – took part in workshops and training which increased their confidence, skills and employability
- 15 – started volunteering
- 21 – started Further and Higher Education
- 7 moved into Further or Higher education
- 22 moved into employment (full time employment)
- 13 took part in CV/interview skills/confidence building and motivational skills workshops or English course
- 5 gained formal qualifications
- 2 began volunteering